Hi! My name is Soham Tamba.
This is my personal website.
I enrolled in New York University’s Computer Science, MS program in the Fall of 2019.
I graduated from National Institute of Technology Goa’s Computer Science and Engineering, B.Tech program in the Spring of 2018.
(Updated on 15th Aug, 2020)
I recently started documenting my projects here.
- Software Development Engineer Intern at Audible
Created a web application using Spring and React. Significantly automated the monthly performance report of a department.
- Google Summer of Code under Julia Programming Language
During the summer of 2018, I took part in Google Summer of Code as a student developer and spent 3 months working for Julia Language. My project involved developing optimized graph analysis software in pure Julia and optimising pre-existing software in the LightGraphs library. The entire experience is documented in my blog.
- Undergraduate Thesis at NIT Goa
My final year thesis focused mainly on topics of Public Key Proxy Re-encryption (PRE) Schemes. We worked on the topic of achieving efficient Hierarchical Access Control using transitive anti-symmetric PRE, and producing an efficient Threshold Progressive PRE scheme.
- Summer Research Internship at IIT Bombay
During the summer of 2017, I spent 2 months as a research intern at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay under Dr. Sundar Vishwanathan. I worked on the topic of designing efficient Approximation Algorithms for variants of the Clustering problem.
- Research Assistant to Prof. B. Sharat Chandra Varma at NIT Goa
During the summer of 2016, I spent 3 months working in Dr. B. Sharat Chandra Varma’s research group to produce an efficient FPGA implementation of Deep-Q Learning. The experience involved studying research papers on FPGA implementations of Neural Networks and implementing the algorithm in VHDL.
Open-source software developer mentor
- Google Summer of Code 2019 mentor at Julia Programming Language
- Julia Seasons of Contributions 2019 mentor
Teaching Assistantships at NIT Goa
CS351: Design and Analysis of Algorithms Spring 2018
CS303: Theory of Computation Fall 2017
CS203: Discrete Mathematics Fall 2017
- Codetron 2018: Winner
Onsite competition organized by Goa Engineering College during their annual tech-fest,
- Programmatics 2018: Winner
Onsite competition organized by NIT Goa during their annual tech-fest, Saavyas.
- ACM ICPC 2017 Asia Amritapuri Doublesite Regional: Rank 88
ACM ICPC is one of the most prestigious college level programing competitions.
- Inter-NIT Code-a-thon 2017: Rank 13
Online competition organized by The Indian Society for Technical Education, NIT Bhopal chapter during their annual student’s conclave, Chimera.
- Code Heat 2016: Winner
Online competition organized by Manipal Institute of Technology’s official computer science club, IECSE.
- Convolutional Neural Networks for Visual Recognition (Winter 2016 version)
I have completed the following courses provided by MIT OCW, which includes video lectures and problem sets.
I have completed the following courses provided by Coursera and received certification.
- Machine Learning, Stanford University.
- Game Theory I, Stanford University & University of British Columbia
- Julia Conference 2018 at University College London
Presented my Project Poster on my GSoC project, Parallel Graph Development.
My attendance was funded by Julia Project and NUMFocus.
View Blog Post
- Latest Advances in Machine Learning and Data Science 2017 at NIT Goa
Attended as spectator.
I was a member of NIT Goa’s Toastmasters club for 2 years, which is a public speaking club.
- NIT Goa Toastmasters Table Topics Contest 2015: 2nd place
- NIT Goa Toastmasters Evaluations Contest 2015: 3rd place
Head Organizer of Programmatics 2017
Head Organizer of Programmatics 2016